THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thoughts...

Feelings…a rare commodity that often becomes overlooked in the slightest intent to care. Feelings…the very core of a person, the sense of confidence and strength within.
Feelings…the most fragile and delicate part of our sense of self.

Feelings are broken, torn, and mended…it is a process continually in the works. Women being notorious for our “hurt feelings” are often the recipients of a sighs and rolled eyes…

My heart tonight is content…but lacking. My heart is joyful but mourning. My heart is longing yet cautious. When is it that the feelings that have once been dashed, recoupe to give our self-worth a second run???

Tonight although I have the world to be thankful for; I feel less than secure…more than lonely. I feel like…


The miscellaneous item on the grocery list…Forgotten.
A baby straining to say what they want…Tantalized.
The light switch with no purpose…Insignificant.
The window a baseball flew through…Shattered.
The plant in the corner of a guest bedroom…Neglected.
An upset stomach…Tender.
The single mom who has no one to admire her effort…Tired.
The flower that reaches to the heavens…Hopeful.
The man who sleeps beneath the bridge…Hopeless.
A trip to Paris…Romanticized.
The turn that got you lost…a Mistake.
The item you have one too many of…Disposable.
A runner with their eye on a prize…Certain.
The rock foundation to stand on…Dependable.
The arms of love…Safe.
The comfort of a system…Habitual.
The reflection of ones self…Familiar.
A boat lost in a storm…Vulnerable.
A one night stand…Cheap.
The lone chair in a room…Desolate.

I feel what my heart says I shouldn’t. I have much to be thankful for…and less to regret. Yet all the while I have no courage to take the mistakes and learn. I have no confidence to open my eyes to possibility or resolution. I am stagnant in a place of forlorn complacency. I am my own prison. My mind entangles my love…and my love entraps my heart…all leading to one result…I feel alone!

You can feel alone in a room full of people. You can be isolated when you have events to choose from. You can be secluded even when your calendar is maxed out…Loneliness comes when your value feels undefined.

I am happy…just searching for the proof in words…I want the confidence I once had…